We started out today doing a quick service call for a client whose bifold doors have come off the track. Turns out there was a defect in the manufactured track. Problem was quickly fixed, door re-hung and client is happy. :)
We're working on finishing a basement for a client in Whitby. There were lots of electrical deficiencies that needed correcting first though. The client was told about the problems when they bought the house and they wanted them fixed before proceeding with finishing the basement.
This gets me thinking about the importance of paying attention to electrical issues in your home. Make no mistake about it....electrical deficiencies can be deadly. Even something as simple as a hot/neutral revered receptacle (two wires incorrectly installed) can cause sparks that can ignite a fire. We have done work for clients who have hired people to do work in their home that are not Licensed Electrical Contractors. The lights or plugs they installed work fine so they assume they were done correctly. DON'T MAKE THAT MISTAKE!!! Pot lights installed in a bedroom that were not installed with insulated housing will still work fine, but could easily catch fire against the insulation in your attic. The receptacle that was incorrectly wired could still function, but could cause a spark at any time it's in use.
The safety of you and your family should be of utmost importance. Protect your loved ones....have a Licensed Electrical Contractor or the Electrical Safety Authority perform a general inspection of the electrical system in your home.