Multi-Trade Building Services
is a Licensed Electrical Contractor with the Electrical Safety Authority (ESA
). We are also part of the Authorized Contractor Program with the ESA. With over 21 years experience in the electrical field and a 0% defect ratio, Multi-Trade Building Services
can supply all of your residential and commercial electrical needs.
As of January 2007, it is now law that anyone you hire to do electrical work in your home must have a valid ECRA/ESA Electrical Contractor Licence.
This ensures that they:
- are fully insured
- will arrange permits
- are qualified to perform the type of electrical work you require
- can offer a Certificate of Inspection
- can provide references
- will provide a written cost estimate of the work
The Authorized Contractor Program was developed by ESA as a voluntary program to recognize those Licensed Electrical Contractors who consistently perform Ontario Electrical Code compliant work. Participating Contractors and their customers can experience:
- uninterrupted workflow
- reduced electrical service downtime during renovation
- increased compliance to the Ontario Electrical Safety Code equating to increased electrical safety
- audits of electrical installation as opposed to full electrical inspections
- reduced costs for Electrical Safety Authority inspection services
With a Master Electrician on staff, Multi-Trade Building Services can take care of all your electrical needs. Our areas of specialty include:
- Installing new light fixtures
- Installation of pot lights
- Electrical installation of hot tubs
- Installing GFCIs (interior and exterior)
- Troubleshooting non-functioning devices
- Knob and Tube wiring upgrades
- Aluminum Wiring maintenance
- Electrical panel changes and upgrades
- Cable TV and telephone outlets
- Security/outdoor lighting
Aluminum Wiring Maintenance
If your home was built between 1970 and 1980, it likely contains aluminum wiring. Aluminum wire is much softer than copper and therefore requires regular maintenance by a Licensed Electrical Contractor. This maintenance which should be completed every 3-5 years, includes a full inspection and necessary repair of every switch, receptacle and electrical panel in the house.
Aluminum wiring is perfectly safe provided a regular maintenance schedule is followed. We commonly find non-aluminum rated receptacles wired up to aluminum wiring, an electrical code violation and a fire hazard. If you or someone you know has aluminum wiring in their house, call Multi-Trade Building Services today to schedule an Aluminum Wiring Maintenance inspection.